Inspections were just completed for the construction on our new headquarters, and the drywall is being put up throughout the space. A dedicated 50amp circuit was run to the server room to power the battery backup system, and the floors have been trenched in the conference room for electric and data cabling for the conference table. Yesterday the server room was painted and today the flooring is being installed in preparation for our upcoming server relocation.
A supplemental HVAC system for the server room is being installed towards the beginning of next week (February 11th and 12th). Data cabling will be run later throughout the week in preparation of phase 1 of our move.
Phase 1 of our move will begin on Sunday, February 17th after 5PM, to be completed during the day on Monday February 18th. During this server and telecom relocation, the catalog, online requests, digital services (eBCCLS, RBDigital Magazines, etc.) will be unavailable.
- Vans have been ordered with an expected delivery date of 12 to 16 weeks.
- We finally received word back from the vendor for the bins and the final cost including shipping and labeling the bins is higher than was originally projected. In addition, the lead time is 17 to 25 weeks. I am working with RCLS to find us a new company. We are also looking into alternative bins.
- We were informed by Bergen County that they can not sell us fuel for the vans.
- We are continuing our search for a warehouse. The market is very tight for the size of space that we require. We have been working with a real estate agent and inquired about 55 locations. Out of those 55 locations, we saw 8 that were still on the market.
- As of today, we have received 234 resumes for the Delivery Driver position. Friday is the last day for people to apply.
We will continue the search for a warehouse and bins.
We will start driver interviews by March.
We are finalizing the focus group questions and meeting dates/sites for March.
We are preparing for the committee to launch its work on March 13 at 10:00 AM!