Listings are posted in chronological order with the most recent at the top of the list. Each will be removed after one month unless a longer time period is requested.
Submit want ads via email to: support @ bccls.org
Part-Time Weekend Library Supervisor
Drew University Library (Madison, NJ)
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students and has 145 full-time faculty members, 94% of whom hold the terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer master’s and doctoral degrees, and the College confers bachelor’s degrees in 30 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship, a commitment to connecting the campus with the community and a focus on experiential learning. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), home of 2015 Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine and Drew Fellow William Campbell, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as the Wall Street Semester, Semester at the United Nations, Semester on Contemporary Art and Semester on Communications and Media in New York City and several international semester programs. The University also houses the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center and one of the country’s leading concentrations of materials on Willa Cather.
The Drew University Library is seeking a Weekend Supervisor in the Circulation Department. This position is part-time at 20 hours per week. The Weekend Supervisor will work on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The basic fall and spring semester hours are Fridays 8 am – 3 pm, Saturdays 3 pm – 9 pm, and Sundays 11:45 am to 6:15 pm, although some flexibility may be available. Schedule flexibility is required for the training period and during spring breaks, January terms, and the summer months when the library has fewer open hours and is closed on Sundays and some Saturdays. Position available immediately.
Circulation supervisors are responsible for circulation desk services, minor facilities issues, and maintaining the safety and security of the building, patrons, and collections. For most work hours, a Weekend Supervisor is the sole staff person in the library. They are responsible for opening and closing the library and for monitoring the lobby during study hours. All work hours involve public service; training and supervising student assistants; assisting patrons; and providing information about Circulation and, to the extent possible, the library’s databases and other reference tools when a Reference Librarian is not available.
Bachelor’s degree required; library experience a plus.
Dependability and a strong desire to provide excellent service to our patrons are key attributes. This position will additionally be responsible for billing, fines, and similar duties.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to HR0917-6@Drew.edu. Please include your name in the subject line. For full consideration, please submit your application by October 15th.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, the successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check.
Part-Time Floating Librarian
West Caldwell Public Library (West Caldwell, NJ)
Part-Time Floating Librarian
The West Caldwell Public Library is looking for P/T floating librarian to work Tuesday nights at the children's reference desk and Thursday nights at adult reference. Our Librarian must possess a MLS and a NJ Professional Librarian Certificate. Current MLS students will be considered. BCCLS/Polaris experience a plus!
Our new Librarian will:
- Work the Adult Reference and Youth Services desks as assigned
- Assists at the circulation desk as needed
- Able to learn and stay current with emerging technology, including digital media
- Must be able to lift and carry bags of books or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in working in a collaborative and fun environment, please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Samantha Cordaro McCoy, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place "Floating Librarian" in the subject heading.
Part-Time Librarian 1
Pemberton Branch Library (Penderton, NJ)
The mission of the Burlington County Library System is to enrich lives by providing opportunities for learning, growth and personal development. The ideal candidate will apply this mission to a strong customer service ethos and demonstrate knowledge of print and online resources, reader’s advisory and solid technology skills. The candidate must also exhibit strong communication skills, a desire to do community outreach and provide services to children, teens and adults. Some examples of duties include:
- Provide reference and readers advisory service.
- Offer staff-facilitated programs such as book discussions as well as technology and information literacy classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
24 hours per week with flexibility. Monday-Saturday schedule TBD. Must work Tuesday nights and Sundays 1 pm -5 pm, September-June (beginning in February 2018.)
Education: A master’s degree in Library or Information Science in a library program accredited by the American Library Association or from a New Jersey Master’s program in Library Science that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College.
License: Obtain a valid NJ license as a Professional Librarian within six (6) months of appointment. Burlington County residents given preference.
Submit a resume including #25-17 by October 13, 2017. Via e-mail: email@example.com
Part-Time Youth Services Librarian
Mount Laurel Library (Mount Laurel, NJ)
The Mount Laurel Library is looking for an enthusiastic and creative librarian to join our Youth Services team. The ideal candidate will:
- Welcome and serve all customers of the Mount Laurel Library
- Plan and present early literacy programming for children ages birth to five years old
- Plan and present or assist with programs for older children and teens as needed
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the Information Services team
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory services for patrons of all ages
- Assist patrons with research, web searching, and computer software
- Provide technology instruction and trouble shooting
- Regularly staff the information desk.
- Participate in collection development
- Keep current with trends in technology and social media and ways to apply them
- Interest in Maker programming a plus
- Readily undertake other duties as necessary, including (but not limited to) outreach efforts to local schools, daycare centers, community events, etc.
- May be Person in Charge
- Education: A Master’s degree in Library or Information Science in a library program accredited by ALA or from a New Jersey Master’s program in Library Science that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College.
- We will also consider current MLS students nearing the completion of their graduate degree from an accredited school, with title and salary adjusted accordingly.
- License: Obtain a valid NJ License as a Professional Librarian within six (6) months of appointment.
- Applicant must comply with the “New Jersey First Act”
24 hours per week average. Monday, 9-5, Tuesday 9-5, Thursday 1-9, alternating Saturdays 9-5. Flexibility to cover additional shifts when needed preferred.
Salary: $19 - $19.50
Paid sick and vacation.
Submit cover letter/resume by October 3, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Laurel Library, 100 Walt Whitman Avenue, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Full-Time School Media Specialist or Associate Library Media Specialist
North Arlington School District (North Arlington, NJ)
Immediate opening for qualified candidate
North Arlington School District (New Jersey)
The North Arlington Board of Education is seeking a School Library Media Specialist or Associate Library Media Specialist, effective September 2017.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to : Resumes@narlington.k12.nj.us
Full-Time Electronic Resources/Serials Management Librarian
Caldwell University Library (Caldwell, NJ)
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time position. The Librarian will be responsible for serial and electronic resources and collections, participating in reference and instructional services, collaborating with the Discovery Services Team, and functioning as the departmental liaison to faculty and students.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for serials, standing orders, and electronic resources management.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for acquisitions, managing and delivering of e-resources; integrating with library discovery systems; collaborating with campus network and website personnel; and managing vendor relations.
- Managing serial & standing order information resources in all formats, including selection, collection development, and processing.
- Supervising student workers assigned to material management.
- Helping shape policy, goals and procedures for serials and electronic resources.
- Developing assessment strategies and conducting ongoing assessment based on usage, usability, overlap and value to inform management decisions and improve library services.
- Developing and collaborating on electronic resource access and integrating projects with consortium and campus technical colleagues.
- Providing reference and instruction and serving as liaison to academic departments as assigned.
- Covering one evening shift per week and Saturday on weekend staff rotation.
Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution plus one to three years of academic library experience with knowledge of and experience with management of serials and a variety of existing and emerging electronic resources is required. Knowledge of Integrated Library Systems, Learning Management Systems, and electronic resource platforms plus high-level skill using Microsoft Excel, Access or other database management software is also required. Experience providing instruction and reference assistance in an academic library is strongly preferred. Science background is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, forward-thinking professional dedicated to proactive, user-centered service with the ability to innovate and thrive amidst rapid organizational and technological change. This person will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal direction both independently and on teams. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master's, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today's global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life.
For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu (http://caldwell.edu/).
Caldwell University is EOE.
Full-Time Library Director
Pennsauken Free Public Library (Pennsauken, State)
The Board of Trustees of the Pennsauken Free Public Library is seeking a professional librarian to serve as Library Director, effective December 1, 2017.
Pennsauken Township is a diverse blue-collar town with over 35,000 residents. The busy public library (and its meeting room) is one of the only places Township groups and organizations may meet for free.
Administration of the Pennsauken Free Public Library, as delegated by the Board of Trustees, including the management of all public and technical services, programming, physical plant, library budget, library personnel and all library operations and systems.
Prepare for and attend Library Board meetings including preparation of statistical and narrative reports. Plan and conduct staff meetings.
Promote the library through effective communication and marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, public appearances, press releases and web pages.
Establish and maintain effective work relationships with the Board of Trustees, elected officials, Friends group, community organizations, schools, and general public.
Cover the Reference Desk as part of the Librarian rotation, including some weekday hours, weekend rotation, and other times as needed.
Other duties germane to the position not specifically listed here.
An ALA accredited MLS, MLIS or equivalent degree.
New Jersey State Certification required. A minimum of five years of public library experience with at least 2 years as a supervisor is required.
Applicant must be willing to move into the State of New Jersey within six months of employment. Position is a competitive post under the New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
Applicant should also have a thorough knowledge of professional library principles, practices, methods and knowledge of all phases of public library work; and have strong interpersonal skills, including communication (verbal and written), mediation and planning.
Facility with technology and Innovative Interfaces Inc. library system a plus.
Library Director is a full-time position with executive responsibility. .
Salary is $70,00-$80,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Includes 12 vacation days (pro-rated for first year), 3 personal days, 12 days of sick leave (pro-rated to one day per month for first year of employment), and 13 paid holidays.
Pennsauken Free Public Library participates in NJ Public Employees Retirement System and contributes to the Pennsauken Township Health Benefits Plan.
E-mail is the preferred method of communication.
Submit your cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references to the Search Committee at email@example.com. Documents should be sent as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF only. Other attachments will not be opened or reviewed.
Hard copies may also be mailed to Pennsauken Free Public Library, 5605 N. Crescent Blvd, Pennsauken, NJ 08110, Attn: Stephanie D’Angelico.
Materials received by October 20, 2017 will receive full consideration.
The committee will only contact applicants with whom they would like to schedule an interview.
The Pennsauken Free Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time Library Assistant
Riverdale Public Library (Riverdale, NJ)
The Riverdale Public Library has a job opening for a Library Assistant. The main responsibilities are handling circulation functions such as checking books in and out, managing reserves and inter-library loans requests. The position is for 12 hours a week, with some Saturdays required.
A proficiency in computers is required, as well as a good working knowledge of general library procedures. The ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and the staff is important. Polaris experience preferred. Interested candidates should send a resume to: Therese McClachrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Librarian 1
Clifton Public Library (Clifton, NJ)
The Clifton Public Library (Passaic County) has a full time librarian opportunity in the Reference Department of its Main Memorial Library. We are looking for a service oriented professional with an MLS degree from an ALA accredited program and a New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate to join our team. Excellent communication skills and competency in the use and instruction of technology are a must. You will be providing outstanding reference, reader’s advisory and computer assistance to a diverse public. Special skills or experience in teen services, social media, and/or proficiency in Spanish are a plus.
The City of Clifton is civil service and this position is for the title of Librarian 1. Full-time positions include health benefits and paid sick, vacation, and personal days. The starting salary is from $43,103 commensurate with experience. Under the “New Jersey First Act,” new hires must reside in New Jersey within 1 year of starting.
A full-time schedule consists of 35 hours per week, including at least one evening shift per week and every other Saturday. Exact schedule to be determined. Work assignments may also include time at our Allwood Branch. Our Main Library is generally open on Sundays during October – mid-December and mid-January – May. This provides an opportunity for extra work on separate, seasonal schedules if you choose to sign up.
The Clifton Public Library includes the Main Memorial Library and the recently renovated Allwood Branch. It serves a city population of over 84,000 and is a member of the PALS Plus automation consortium.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to Sydel Cohen, Management Specialist in the Business Office (or send by email to email@example.com) by Monday, October 2.
Part-Time Library Assistant
Parsippany Public Library (Parsippany, NJ)
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Assist customers at service desk: check-in/check-out material; perform basic searches and place holds; issue borrower cards; explain library procedures & policies with respect to loan periods, fines and library hours; assist customers in person and over the phone with questions or concerns; assist with other duties performed in the department as directed
Qualifications: high school diploma; customer service experience; computer experience; must be able to work weekdays, nights and Saturdays; must be flexible towork at all three branches of the Library (as needed); ability to communicate effectively with library customers and staff; must be able to multitask and work within a team structure
if you possess the qualifications above and are interested in applying for this position, please submit a brief cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 25, 2017
Part-Time Library Assistant
Edgewater Free Public Library (Edgewater, NJ)
The Edgewater Free Public Library is seeking an energetic and customer-service oriented individual to join our circulation staff. He/she should have a demonstrated capacity to deal effectively and courteously with the public and to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
Responsibilities include: providing assistance to patrons at the circulation desk (checking items in and out, renewing items, registering patrons, handling fines, etc.), answering phones, preparing and receiving interlibrary loans, shelving, and other duties as assigned. Light lifting and bending required. Strong computer skills required. Library experience (especially within BCCLS) preferred but not required.
Hours required (19+)
Monday 12 Noon to 6 pm
Tuesday 10 to 6 pm (with break)
Wednesday 12 to 8 (with break)
Friday 10 to 3 PM (with break)
1 Saturday every other week 1 pm to 5 pm and substitution hours as needed
The successful candidate must be willing to be flexible in scheduling
Minimum qualifications for this position includes a high school diploma and previous work experience.
A Background Check is required prior to the official hiring date.
This position offers pro-rated vacation, personal leave and sick leave. The Edgewater Free Public Library is a union and civil service institution.
Minimum starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to corona @ edgewater.bccls.org
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017
Full-Time Teen and Emerging Technologies Librarian
Englewood Public Library (Englewood, NJ)
The Englewood Public Library seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, self-starter to serve at the Teen and Emerging Technologies Librarian, reporting to the Head of Reference Services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Library programming and collections for teens
- Coordination of the Library’s website and social media presence
- Conduct training in emerging technologies for staff and patrons, through both training sessions and informal assistance
- Provide service to teens and adults at the public service desk
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to guide our Library in developing new areas of service in an active and diverse community.
Qualifications: MLS/MLIS and a NJ Professional Librarian certificate are preferred, but will consider candidates nearing completion of the degree. Essential skills include: strong technical, the ability to communicate well across many ages and groups, program creativity and delivery, and track record in successful publicity and promotions. Working knowledge of Spanish highly desirable.
This is a full-time (35-hour work week) union position with full benefits, including pension and medical and prescription drug insurance. Additional optional benefits include investment plan, vision, short term disability, and dental. Generous vacation and personal days. Schedule includes some evenings and Saturdays. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The NJLA minimum applies to the fully qualified degreed candidate.
To apply please send application letter and resume to Charlene Taylor at charlene.taylor @ englewood.bccls.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Part-Time Reference Librarian
Louis Bay 2nd Public Library (Hawthorne, NJ)
Department: Adult Services
Reports to: Head of Adult Services
Location: Louis Bay 2nd Public Library and Community Center
Hours: Part Time - 36 hours per two week pay period.
Minimum one Saturday per month and one night per week
Hourly Rate: $17.25 / hour
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory services to adults
- Providing backup reference and readers advisory service to children and young adults
- Training staff and/or public to use electronic resources
- Assisting the public with internet, email, and Office applications
- Working on special projects as assigned by the Department Head and/or Director
- New Jersey Librarian’s Certificate required; MLS (ALA accredited program desirable); will consider a student who has successfully completed a minimum of 24 credits in a 36 credit program or equivalent and will obtain a New Jersey Librarian’s Certificate within one year.
- Able to implement library services in an automated environment
- Knowledge of print and non-print reference and readers advisory resources as well as changes in technology and trends within the library profession
- Able to establish a rapport with a diverse community of adults
- Effectively use technology tools include email and MS Office applications
- Able to communicate effectively in written and oral form, meet deadlines, and work with patrons, staff, and others in a tactful and consistent manner.
- Email cover letter and current resume (In MS Word or PDF format) to the contact below.
- If you are an MLS student, include an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
Monica A. Smith
Director, Louis Bay 2nd Library and Community Center
345 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
Full-Time Development Director
Montclair Public Library (Montclair, NJ)
The Montclair (NJ) Public Library seeks an enthusiastic, energetic, and experienced fundraising professional to lead our efforts to secure capital, endowment, annual, major, and planned gifts, along with funding from grants and other sources, to supplement the library’s municipal allocation.
The Development Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of fundraising for MPL. The position will report to and be supervised by the Library Director, but will work closely with the part-time Manager of the Montclair Public Library Foundation, a separate 501(c)(3) organization. The Development Director must have both strategic vision and hands-on expertise in executing fundraising activities of many types including an annual appeal, large- and small-scale events, planned giving and major gifts, proposal writing and solicitation, volunteer management, and cultivation of new, innovative, and non-traditional funding sources.
The current fundraising priorities are a capital campaign to supplement bond monies for renovation of the main library and an addition for ADA compliance at our historic Carnegie branch library. We also seek to initiate an endowment fund for programmatic needs.
Specific duties include:
- Building relationships with current and potential donors through personal contact, needs assessment, and ethical, professional, solicitation;
- Plan and facilitate fundraising initiatives in conjunction with the Library Director, Board of Trustees, Foundation Board, and other library staff;
- Management of donor systems (we utilize eTapestry and iWave PRO);
- Management of correspondence and donor acknowledgement;
- Preparation of financial reports;
- Identify grants to support programs, collections, initiatives, and capital needs. Work with staff and library partners to prepare proposals for government, corporate, public and private foundation support.
- Working collaboratively with library staff, Library Trustees, Foundation Board, and volunteers to ensure a unified message and effective, efficient fundraising effort.
- Steward and cultivate donors, plan donor events, prepare individual or personalized correspondence, meet regularly with current and prospective donors, and track multi-year pledges and restricted donations and steward these commitments;
- Demonstrated success in designing and leading major fundraising efforts, especially endowment and/or capital campaigns;
- Track record of developing and sustaining strong benefactor relationships with organizations and individuals;
- Experience working with political, business, and philanthropic community leaders;
- ·Experience managing special events;Superior interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration;
- Knowledge of Montclair and greater New York City philanthropic communities;
- Minimum of five years non-profit fundraising and management experience; Certified Fund Raising Executive credential a plus;
- Expertise in standard fund development tools and technology, and in newly emerging fundraising tools and technology, such as mobile and social media/marketing.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Public Administration, Communications, Education, Library Science, Business or Nonprofit Management or a comparable degree.
Salary and benefits
- Annual salary negotiable, beginning at $89,000 depending on qualifications.
- Health Insurance (with dental coverage, depending on plan selection)
- 403(b) savings plan
- Life insurance
- Participation in the New Jersey Public Employee Retirement System (PERS).
- Time off includes paid public holidays, and generous paid vacation and sick time.
Residency in the State of New Jersey will be required in accordance with NJRS §52:14-7.
About the Library
The Montclair Public Library serves the 38,000 residents of Montclair Township, New Jersey with a dedicated staff of 36 FTE’s and a robust budget of $3.6 million.
Over two-thirds of residents are library card holders and visited the Library over 375,000 times last year. With a 125 year history of being at the forefront of Suburban Library services, MPL has a rich legacy to build on.
In 2002 Montclair Public Library was named one of the top five libraries in the nation by Library Journal.
Located 20 minutes from New York City, Montclair is a vibrant and diverse community that boasts rich cultural and educational offerings. It is home to Montclair State University, the Montclair Film Festival, the Wellmont Theater, and the Montclair Art Museum.
Montclair boasts 7 commuter train stations offering easy access to New York City. Its 5 distinct shopping districts, including Montclair Center— a Nationally Accredited Main Street Community, make Montclair a regional shopping, dining and entertainment destination.
Montclair High School has a graduation rate of 91% and a student body of around 2,000 students (53% of whom are a minority) and a student teacher ratio of 13:1. U.S News and World Report ranked it 1,529 nationally and awarded it a silver medal in their 2016 National rankings of best high schools.
How to apply
Expressions of interest (including a current resume) should be submitted to Peter Coyl, Library Director via email at coyl @ montclair.bccls.org by Friday, September 22, 2017.
Part-Time Reference Librarian
Bergenfield Public Library (Bergenfield, NJ)
The Bergenfield Public Library is seeking an organized, energetic, multi-tasker with a strong customer service orientation for its busy reference desk. Primary responsibilities include reference desk coverage, material selection, and assisting patrons with various technology (e.g. Internet, email, Office applications, mobile devices, apps, etc.) The successful candidate will have excellent computer skills and knowledge of emerging technologies along with (most importantly) a sense of humor.
BCCLS experience a plus. The position is for up to 21 hours per week, which will include some evening and weekend hours at $22/hr. MLS from an ALA-accredited library program preferred but will consider a MLS student currently enrolled in library school. Library paraprofessionals with prior service desk experience will also be considered as well. We are willing to train the right individual.
Those who speak multiple languages are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Allison Moonitz, Director, at amoonitz @ bergenfieldlibrary.org. The position will be considered open until it is filled.
Part-Time Technology Assistant
Nyack Public Library (Nyack, NY)
Required qualifications include:
- Must be able to provide friendly and courteous assistance to patrons in the Library’s Maker Space
- Must have demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office software and the Internet
- Must be familiar with 3D printing and printers
- Must have desire and ability to learn new technology skills
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of computers to be able to trouble-shoot simple problems
- Associates Degree
- Experience in technology training and 3D printing
Tuesday evenings and alternating Saturdays
Submit resumes & applications to: email@example.com by September 15, 2017
Applications can be obtained at the Circulation Desk
South River Public Library (South River, NJ)
MLS with NJ Librarian Certification or current MLS student.
Knowledge of YA literature and YA programming experience is preferred.
Minimum 10 hours per week, includes 2 shifts of 5 hours each with additional hours for programming, one evening per week and every 4th weekend.
In this position you will be responsible for ordering YA materials; cataloging YA and Juvenile materials; provide service to patrons at our Service Desk which includes computer assistance, reference and other patron assistance; plan and implement programming for teens and pre-teens.
Position available immediately. Salary for MLS is $27.90 per hour, salary for Student Intern $20.00 per hour.
Send letter of interest and resume to: evalina @ southriverlibrary.org
Part-Time Children's Librarian
East Brunswick Public Library (East Brunswick, NJ)
East Brunswick Public Library is looking for an innovative and engaging Children’s Librarian to join its Youth Services department. This librarian will support the education and informational needs of the full range of children and parents who use the department, from providing Reader’s Advisory, to providing storytimes to toddlers, to creating STEAM programs for middle school children, to promoting the department’s collection of lendable technology for children. In this position, the librarian will primarily staff the Youth Services desk but will be expected to develop and lead monthly programs and participate in outreach to schools and the community as needed. Like every member of the department, this librarian will be expected to be a passionate advocate for the information needs of youth and families, possess a strong knowledge of children’s literature, and demonstrate an enthusiasm for developing creative programming.
A Youth Services Librarian must have a Master's degree in library science from, or be enrolled in a program at, an ALA accredited library school. Candidates who are currently students in an ALA accredited library school are encouraged to apply.
Salary is $28.45 per hour (with MLS).
To apply: Applications are available in the Administration Office, at the Information Services Desk at the library, and on the library website at http://www.ebpl.org/employment_application.pdf. Please apply by Friday, September 15, 2017. The position may be filled prior to the application deadline.
Part-Time Librarian (Full-time track)
Carteret Public Library (Carteret, NJ)
The Carteret Public Library seeks a part-time licensed MLS librarian or a candidate for a Masters of Library Science Degree to join our staff.
The successful candidate who performs exemplary duties may be considered for a full-time position by the library’s hiring authority.
Candidates that have a NJ Professional Librarian Certification and an ALA accredited MLS degree will receive the highest consideration. Candidates pursuing an MLS degree with 12 credits or more will also be considered.
The Carteret Public Library serves a community of 24,000 residents and seeks applicants that are able to provide excellent customer service and assist the library director in many various tasks:
- Have open availability to work evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Circulation and children’s department desk duties
- Programming design and implementation for patrons of all ages
- Summer reading program assistance and program design
- Summer food program assistance
- Problem solving patron issues and concerns
- Assist with providing input and action on policy and procedures
- Assist with collection development
- Assist with publicity and social media
- Assist with patron technological needs
- Assist with community outreach
Candidates must have strong communication, written, and technological skills. Available to work closing shifts and Saturday and Sunday shifts a must. Schedule will be up to 29 hours a week for the part-time position. Full time positions are 40 hours a week. Salary will be commensurate with experience and close to NJLA recommendations.
Please send a cover letter and resume to jobs @ carteretlibrary.org by September 25, 2017.
Part-Time Adult Services/Reference Librarian
Riverdale Public Library (Riverdale, NJ)
The Riverdale Public Library seeks a part-time Adult Services/Reference Librarian for 8-10 hours a week and one or more Saturdays a month.
- Readers advisory services
- Assist patrons with our digital products and computer/technology skills
- Create social media postings, press releases and marketing materials with both print and Web-based tools
- This position will be the Librarian in Charge at specified times.
Successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, creative and a self-starter
- Expertise with mobile devices and related software, and ability to teach new learners
MLS from an ALA-accredited library program preferred but will consider a MLS student enrolled in library school
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Therese McClachrie, Director, Riverdale Public Library, director @ riverdalelibrary.org
Full-Time Adult Services Librarian 1/ Librarian 2
Union Public Library (Union, NJ)
The Union Public Library serves a diverse, middle-class community of more than 56,000 residents in two locations and is conveniently located in Union Township. We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Adult Services Librarian to join the busy Reference Department who will grow into the role of Head of Adult Services, Librarian 2.
The following list is a sample of the duties required of the position for illustrative purposes and will include other tasks not listed below.
- Provide accurate reference and readers advisory to patrons of all ages utilizing the online catalog, books, reference sources, bibliographies, databases and the Internet.
- Creates the Reference desk schedule.
- Provides basic technology assistance to patrons using public computers or online resources.
- May serve as liaison with outside community groups and represents the library by promoting literacy, participating in outreach as appropriate.
- Collection Development on select areas adhering to allotted budget.
- Responsible for administering the “Friends of the Library” museum pass program.
- Handle patron concerns and complaints with an emphasis on good customer service.
- Attends workshops and training sessions, stays well-informed of current trends in libraries and helps innovate ways to better serve the community.
- Schedule includes one evening per week and one Saturday per month (occasionally more as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a library program accredited by ALA or one that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College.
- Two years’ experience as a librarian in a public library providing services as outlined above.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that the Adult Department is keeping pace with current developments and best practices in public libraries.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally.
Salary meets the NJLA minimum and includes medical, dental and prescription benefits.
Please send resume, cover letter and the names of three professional references to:
humanresources @ uplnj.org
Part-Time Reference Librarian
North Brunswick Public Library (North Brunswick, NJ)
The North Brunswick Public Library, located in Middlesex County, the heart of Central Jersey, is seeking an energetic, outgoing part-time reference librarian with a strong interest in public service. North Brunswick is a very diverse community of 40,000 people and we are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year. Duties include reference service in person and by phone to all ages of patrons from kindergarten to older adults.
Knowledge and familiarity with searching techniques, online databases, MS Office, and email setup is necessary. Our patrons have a great interest and a great need for assistance with technology from our reference staff. Familiarity with SirsiDynix and SAM would be nice. Proficiency in Spanish would be really nice.
The successful candidate must be able to work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5-9, Saturdays from 1-5 and Sundays from noon until 5.
Qualifications include an MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution and the ability to obtain a New Jersey Professional Librarian Certificate. Salary for this position is $22.00 per hour. A library school student will be considered for this position at a slightly reduced rate.
The library is both civil service and union.
The postion will be considered open until it is filled. Please mail or email resumes and a cover letter to
880 Hermann Road
North Brunswick NJ 08902
Part-Time Children's Librarian
Willingboro Public Library (Willingboro, NJ)
15 hours weekly, day time. MLS $25.16/hour; library school student with at least 15 credits including children's work courses $21.43. Email resume to cmhill @ willingboro.org.
Part-Time Library Assistants (2)
South River Library (South River, NJ)
South River Public Library is seeking 2 part-time Library Assitants to work 16 to 20 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours are required. Duties include circulation desk, shelving, checking in returned items, processing holds, assiting with programming for all ages, and other duties as required. Strong computer skills, detail oriented and custermer service experience required. $10 per hour. Email cover letter and resume to: evalina @ southriverlibrary.org
Part-Time Circulation Page
Paramus Public Library (Paramus, NJ)
Paramus Public Library is seeking a Part Time Library Page.
Duties include shelving returned materials, emptying book returns, packing and unpacking deliveries. This position requires bending, lifting and reaching.
- Hours: Tuesday 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Wednesday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Friday 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm and a rotation on Sunday afternoon 12:45 pm to 5:00 pm
- Hourly wage: $8.44/per hour. Sunday hours are paid at time and a half.
- Qualifications: High School Education; or if still in school, the ability to obtain working papers.
Applications are available at the circulation desk of the main library located at 116 E. Century Road Paramus, NJ. 201-599-1300.
Part-Time Library Assistant
Livingston Public Library (Livingston, NJ)
The Livingston Public Library has an opening for the position of Part-Time Library Assistant. We are seeking a friendly and customer-oriented person to work approximately 15-19 hours a week, including evening and weekend hours. Excellent communication skills are a must. The successful applicant must be dependable, provide excellent customer service, and have strong computer skills. Responsibilities will include a full range of duties in the Patron Services and/or Youth Services Departments: checking materials in and out, assisting customers with computer troubleshooting, answering basic reference and directional questions, collecting fines, patron registration, answering phones, processing reserves, assisting with library programs, and other tasks as needed. The successful candidate must exhibit the ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with the public and work effectively with colleagues.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Amy Hyfler, Assistant Director, at hr @ livingston.bccls.org. Position will be open until filled.
A high school diploma or equivalent and library work or other relevant experience are required. Must be able to lift and/or push 25 to 40lbs. Must pass mandatory drug test and background check.
Salary is $13.63/hr. Pro-rated leave included.
Full-Time Learning and Student Success Librarian
Felician University (Lodi, NJ)
Felician University is seeking a highly motivated and people-oriented individual to serve as the Learning and Student Success Librarian. The Learning and Student Success Librarian assists students, faculty and staff in addressing their information needs through campus and online resources, as well as at other repositories. He/she supports a collegial environment with the central goals of service, instruction and outreach, with a firm commitment to the information literacy initiatives of Felician University. Responsibilities will include both reference and instruction duties.
Full-time, 12-months, Exempt
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and/or information science required, second master’s degree preferred.
Comprehensive understanding of the structure and content of information resources in various formats; demonstrated reference and research skills in face-to-face and online formats; demonstrated teaching abilities in both formal and informal venues; strong organizational; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications; demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment; willingness to support and uphold the University’s Catholic/Franciscan tradition and mission; well-developed interpersonal skills, complemented by a predisposition to assist others; knowledge of humanities and/or social science reference sources; ability to adapt to changing instructional workloads in accordance with the needs of the University; ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references electronically to: Clevell Roseboro II at RoseboroC@felician.edu or via USPS to:
Mr. Clevell Roseboro II, Director of Library Services
262 South Main Street
Lodi, New Jersey 07644
Commensurate with experience
Part-Time Records Management Assistant
Pro Libra Associates (Summit, NJ)A. Description:
- Sort, review and appraise records in different work environments (offices, records rooms, vaults, etc.)
- Identify records of archival/historical/informational/reference value (based on RM principles as well project)
- Inventory records (handwritten descriptions for boxes and detailed sheets)
- Box records for destruction or storage (with box numbering and description as required)
- Standing for 2-3 hours (with mini-breaks)
- Stooping and squatting
- Reaching and pulling boxes
- Reaching into cabinets (extracting large and bulky files or multiple files)
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. (shoulder height)
- Understanding of Records Management theory i.e. original order, office of origin
- Ability to understand and apply retention schedules
- Honesty and punctuality
- Ability to be flexible i.e. schedule and project workplan
- Good people skills i.e. courteous
- Discretion (ability to maintain confidentiality of project work) (will sign NDA)
- Good judgment in a situation i.e. when to leave a room because of topic being discussed, etc.
- Ability to adapt to different work environments and co-workers, clients
- Ability to think outside the box to solve a situation or address a need i.e. no post-its; use pieces of notepads with tape
- Independent worker once trained
Please send your resume to:
Angela Dzikowski, Pro Libra Associates
adzikowski @ prolibra.com 800-262-0070
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Full-time Library Technical Assistant
St. Joseph’s Regional Med Ctr Health Sciences Library (Paterson, NJ)
The Health Sciences Library at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ, a major, multi-site teaching facility, is looking for an energetic, friendly, service-oriented full-time library technical assistant. Job responsibilities include: aiding in the overall functions of the library; assisting physicians, nurses and students with library resources; document delivery, circulation; processing new materials; using computer databases; participating in hospital-based patient education and employee wellness programs.
Minimum high school diploma, some college courses or a combination of education and experience
Computer skills: troubleshooting hardware and software/internet capabilities/Microsoft Office
Excellent customer service; superior organizational and communication skills; demonstrates attention to detail
Must be able to lift, climb and bend
Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 an hour based on education, skills and experience.
Send resume and cover letter to Patricia May, Director of Library Services, at mayp @ sjhmc.org or to the Health Sciences Library, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, 703 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07503.
Part-Time Children's Program Coordinator
Caldwell Public Library (Caldwell, NJ)
Reports To: Library Director
Primary Function: Plan and implement children’s programming in conjunction with Youth Services Librarian
Hours: 19 hours per week, including one Saturday per month. Must be available to work Tuesday evenings.
- Plan and conduct story times and creative children/tween programs in conjunction with Youth Services Librarian
- Plan, conduct and advertise special programs
- Visit local schools to introduce programming
- Promote children’s programs on social media
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree and/or two years experience in children’s programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work creatively and comfortably with children, parents, teachers, community members and organizations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
How to Apply: Email cover letter and resume in PDF form to the contact below. The position will be open until filled.
Director, Caldwell Public Library
268 Bloomfield Ave.
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Part-Time Library Assistant
Cheng Library, William Patterson University (Wayne, NJ)
The part time Library Assistant position demands great flexibility and an ability to work well in all sections of Lending Services: circulation, reserves, stacks maintenance. This position supports the team efforts of the department as we strive to provide the highest quality customer service in an accurate and courteous manner. Schedule for the position will be Monday, Thursday and Saturday, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: checks materials in and out; handle collection of overdue fines and assists Library users with office equipment.
The position requires a thorough understanding of the workflow of the department as well as the organization of services and materials throughout the library.
Interested candidates must send a letter of application, accompanied by a current resume via email to Nancy Weiner, Assistant Director, Cheng Library of Access and Information Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to William Paterson University, 300 Pompton Road, Wayne, NJ 07470. Electronic submissions are preferred. For additional information about the University, please visit www.wpunj.edu.
Newly hired individuals will be required to establish and maintain principal residency in the state of New Jersey within one year from the date of employment.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Part-Time Library Assistant
Hillsdale Library (Hillsdale, NJ)
(open September 5, 2017)
The Hillsdale Free Public Library seeks an enthusiastic individual to work at our public service desk.
Hours required (19+):
- Monday 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday 2pm to 6pm
- Thursday 2pm to 9pm (with break)
- Friday 1pm to 5pm.
- 1 Saturday each month 10am to 5pm and substitution hours as needed
- High School diploma required
- Computer skills required (Windows, web browsers, email, Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs experience)
- Fluency in English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to lift and move library materials from various heights
- Avid reading habit is a plus!
Job description includes but not limited to:
- Charges/Discharges/Renews library materials
- Collects fines
- Processes library card applications
- Prepares materials for delivery
- Communicates with patrons and assists in placing requests
- Responsible for communicating library policies and procedures to the public
- Provides assistance in directing the public to areas of the library
- Answers telephone
- Calls patrons to inform them that items are ready to be picked up
- Re-shelves library materials as needed
- Shares book and movie recommendations with public
- Moderates/Leads the Thursday evening book group
- Performs other duties as needed
Please submit letter of application, resume and at least two references via email to:
David Franz, Library Director
Nutley Public Library (Nutley, NJ)
The library has openings for two (2) part-time monitors. Applicants will meet the following requirements: dependable, good communication skills; ability to organize work. Duties include shelving and packing books.
Hourly wage: $8.25/hr. 7-8 hours a week. Some Saturdays required.
Send resume and cover letter via email or fax to:
Maria LaBadia, Director
Nutley Free Public Library
labadia @ nutley.bccls.org
Livingston Public Library (Livingston, NJ)
The Livingston Public Library is seeking an experienced part time Custodian to join our team. We are looking for a detail-oriented person who is passionate about maintaining the Library as a beautiful, welcoming destination for all Livingston residents.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director and direction of the Lead Custodian performs routine tasks involved in the cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds.
This is an 18 to 21 hours per week position and includes weekday, night and weekend hours. Sunday hours in July will be required. All employees are members of the NJ PERS pension plan. Pro-rated paid time off is included. New Jersey residency is required within one year of the date of hire. $16.00 per hour.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds
- Ensuring that bathrooms and kitchens are properly supplied with paper goods, soaps, etc.
- Opening and closing the Library building
- Setting up and breaking down tables and chairs for Library events
- Emptying the indoor and outdoor book drops
- Maintaining the safe condition of steps and entrances by salting and/or sanding and removal of snow and ice when necessary
- Directing outside contractors, repairmen, plumbers, electricians and all other workers when they visit the library to do repairs, maintenance, etc. in the absence of the Lead Custodian and Assistant Director
- Additional duties may be assigned
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years building management required.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- A valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependability; ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and on-call hours.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 65 lbs. or less on a routine basis. Climb stairs and ladders.
- A Background Check is required prior to the official hiring date.
Send resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to Amy Hyfler, Assistant Director, at hr @ livingston.bccls.org. The position is open until filled.
Part-Time Library Assistant
Ridgewood Public Library (Ridgewood, NJ)
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE: LIBRARY ASSISTANT, MULTI-DEPARTMENTAL
Primary Department: Circulation
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Welcome and assist library patrons with a smile at busy Circulation, Reference & Children’s Desks
- Perform superior in-person and telephone Customer Service
- Use computer system to help patrons locate, borrow and return books and media, and to create and update library cards
- Reader’s Advisory: assist patrons at all service desks and in the stacks in selection of best books, films and music materials to meet specific needs and interests
- Lead or lend a hand with programming as needed, e.g., plan a lecture, lead a book group
- Shelve materials throughout library and keep the stacks organized, neat and clean
- Related duties as required.
HOURS: Schedule has some flexibility.
Position requires daytime availability, one evening, every 3rd Saturday & one Sunday per month. Preferred weekday availability Wed 4-9, Friday 12-6.
STARTING SALARY: $10 - $14, commensurate with experience
- Team player: Loves meeting & inspiring people. Enjoys working with adults and children in a busy environment
- Customer-focused: warm, friendly, helpful, courteous & energetic with a can-do, positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, computer proficient; creativity, familiarity with social media and desktop publishing experience a plus
- Knowledge of popular books and media in all formats and a desire to share that knowledge with others
- Able to create, administer or assist with programming. Fresh ideas welcome.
- Able to lift books, stand, shelve on low and high shelves
- College degree and BCCLS experience a plus
For employment application, please visit www.ridgewoodlibrary.org or the Circulation Desk.
Please send application, resume & references to:
Ms. Kerri Wallace, Circulation Supervisor, kwallace @ ridgewoodlibrary.org
The Ridgewood Library hires under NJDOP & EOE guidelines.
Fully qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Full-Time Library Associate
Tenafly Public Library (Tenafly, NJ)
Required Education: BA/BS; completion of one semester of an accredited library science program preferred
Required Skills: Familiarity with personal computers; strong proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, social media expertise, graphic design experience, Internet searching, searching online library catalogs and use of email. At least one year of BCCLS experience is required.
Reports to: Library Director in coordination with the Technical Services/Collection Development Librarian and the Children’s Librarian
- Develops promotional materials for library resources and events, ensuring consistency of library messaging, positioning, brand and graphic standards
- Assists the Director with community outreach initiatives, such as press releases and library promotion at local events
- Works with the librarians to manage and enhance the library’s presence on social media networks
- Works with the librarians to develop and implement programs promoting science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) for patrons of all ages
- Trains patrons and staff in the use of emerging technologies, including Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Provides reference and readers’ advisory service
- Keeps abreast of enhancements to the BCCLS system and of BCCLS policies, procedures and practices
- Attends job related meetings, workshops and training sessions § Other duties as assigned
Schedules: This is a full-time (35 hours per week) union position. Schedule includes one weekday evening and one in three Saturdays.
This is position is subject to a six month probationary period.
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDFs to Director Julie Marallo at marallo @ tenafly.bccls.org . No phone calls, please.
Full-Time Senior Librarian, Youth Services
Sayreville Public Library (Sayreville, NJ)
The Sayreville Public Library, which serves an engaged and diverse community of 45,000 people, is seeking a creative, inspired and dedicated Youth Services Librarian to head the Youth Services department. Excellent reference, customer service and computer skills required.
The successful candidate will:
Direct the operations and staff of the Youth Services department
Develop and execute programming for infants, children and teens
Manage the Youth Services budget
Maintain Juvenile and Young Adult collections through acquisitions and weeding
Offer excellent customer service and reference services to patrons of all ages
Develop community ties through outreach to local schools and community groups
Work on campaigns to promote the library as an integral part of the community
Manage a large teen summer volunteer program
Deliver innovative uses of technology and social media
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Represent the library on children's and teen services committees
Act as the person in charge in the Director's absence
Be proficient in all parts of Microsoft Office
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences from an accredited ALA institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a professional Children’s Librarian is preferred
- Experience as a leader and staff coordinator
- Must have or be able to attain a New Jersey State Professional Librarian Certificate
- Must be available to work 35 hours per week, including 2 evenings/week and 1 Saturday/month
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Sayreville Public Library offers a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance and participation in the New Jersey Public Employee Retirement System (PERS). Time off includes paid public holidays and generous paid vacation and sick time. Includes a supportive professional development culture. Sayreville Public Library is a civil service workplace and its employees are union members of AFSCME.
How to apply
Please email your resume and list of references to Rebecca Garbowski at becky @ sayreville.com by 9/15/17.
Part-Time Circulation Desk Library Assistant
Englewood Public Library (Engelwood, NJ)
The Englewood Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-service-oriented individual to work in our circulation department. Responsibilities include a full range of circulation desk duties including, but not limited to, the following: check-in and checkout of materials, item renewals, fine collections, patron registration, answering phones, processing interlibrary loans, and handling book drop returns. Strong computer skills required. Experience preferred but not necessary. Knowledge of Polaris a plus.
This is a part-time position for 12 hours per week. Must be able to work weekdays and Saturdays. Pay rate is $12.50 an hour. A high school diploma is required.
Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Marguerite Sansone, Head of Circulation, Englewood Public Library, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Full-Time Director of Children's Services
East Hanover Library (East Hanover, NJ)
The East Hanover Library is looking for a creative, energetic individual to direct our innovative children's services department.
Responsibilities include story hours, crafts and programs for pre-K through high school, community outreach, collection development, reference and readers' advisory to students and parents and publicity relating to children's services.
Experience in Polaris, e-resources, social media and a background in children's literature is preferred.
This position is 35 hours per week and may include evening and Saturday hours.
Qualifications include NJLA accredited MLS (or equivalent), School Media Specialist or MLS candidate.
Salary is commensurate with experience. PERS, Health and vacation benefits included.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Borrower Services Library Assistant
Montclair Public Library (Montclair, NJ)
We are looking for a talented library assistant to join us in delivering high-quality service to a diverse community in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include working at the circulation desk, sorting materials and providing excellent customer service. Applicants must have library or customer service experience. 15-18 hours per week, including evenings and weekends at hourly rate of $15.51. Please send resume and cover letter to Dawn Quinn, head, borrower services, Montclair Public Library, 50 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair NJ 07042 or by email to dawn.quinn @ montclair.bccls.org.
Part-Time Adult Reference / Children’s Librarian
Suffern Free Library (Suffern, NY)
A public library in Rockland County serving a population of approximately 28,600 people is seeking a substitute Adult Reference / Children’s Librarian. Schedule will include the 4th Saturday of every month, every Monday plus other day, evening and weekend hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, reliable, self-starter who is creative and enthusiastic about working with both children and adults and has a strong customer-service outlook. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills as well as the ability to successfully navigate interacting with patrons, co-workers, supervisors and volunteers.
Duties include Adult and Children’s reference services and the ability to offer one-on-one computer/database help to all patrons. Knowledge of and experience with all technologies and software used in library operations including, but not limited to Workflows/Symphony, Internet, OverDrive, Zinio, Hoopla, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite and Envisionware is desirable. The applicant must have a MLS from an accredited library school. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Email: ccannon @ rcls.org ATTN: Job Search
or mail to: JOB SEARCH, Suffern Free Library 210 Lafayette Ave., Suffern, NY 10901
Resumes must be received by September 30th.
The candidate must be able to start first week of October.
The Library serves the Ramapo Central School District, a community of 28,600 and is a member of the Ramapo Catskill Library System. It is an architecturally award-winning, 37,000 square foot building situated in a picturesque, suburban community in the lower Hudson Valley. Suffern Free Library is an equal opportunity employer.